power showers

Doing the bathroom shortly and because of our relatively shitty water pressure, I'm going to fit a power shower. I'm considering "splashing out" (excuse the pun) on a Maelstrom 80 power shower kit, which gives

2.3 bar pressure. They do cheaper versions which only give 1.3 bar. My question is: is it worth the expense of getting the more powerful version? I don't know what 2.3 bar vs 1.3 bar showers feel like. The only power shower I have routinely used is at my parents' house: with that one, if you are not careful, you could inadvertently give yourself an enema! Aside from this risk, I do like the idea of a powerful shower and I'm wondering whether 1.3bar will feel too "girle" : ). Any comments from those with experience?

Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Walsh

I trust you will be running it from a hot water tank rather than trying to suck it through a combi. boiler.

Check the l/min and assess how long it will take so suck your water tank dry. Then decide if you can have a full shower in the 3 minutes (or whatever your tank will last) or whether the 7 minutes for the lower power option is more suitable.

(figures base hypothetically on the rule of thin air)

Also note how many people will want to shower in quick succession. because you'll be limited to luxe warm water for the folks that follow you.

I think mine was a 1.3 bar one and it was excellent (compared to domestic water pressure)

Reply to
Pet