Power Shower problem

Our power shower has just started misbehaving after 2 years of use.

The temperature is OK when the pump is not on, however, when the pum is switched on the temperature drops to just cold. Is it the impellor on the hot side not working, which sounds OK, or, i it the mixer? My money is on the pump. Any suggestions before I rip them apart.

Thanks Jonatha

-- jonathan

Reply to
jonathan

Turn the shower mixer to hot only... what happens next? No water at all = knackered pump! If, on the other hand the pump also powers the bath taps - as ours does - hot water at the bath hot tap = blocked shower feed pipe!

Reply to
Paul King

I'd check for airlocks. Happens on ours at about this time of the year as the temperature of the incoming water drops. Lower temperature = more dissolved air which is supersaturated when heated and comes out of solution when stirred up by the pump (just a theory but explains what happens).

Try bleeding the system, turn to full hot and hold the shower head as low as you can. If it spits and splutters that may be your problem.

I've not found a good cure for this as the pipe run must go up into the loft and down again. An air bleed at the high point helps a bit though.

Chris K

Reply to
CJK