Power factor, UPS, computer

My quad core Intel based desktop machine with 2.5Tb of disk consumes just 40 watts.

Reply to
cl

Similar spec here, similar consumption.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I like raw power :-)

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You snipped the bit where I said they were servers.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Servers can do interesting things too.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I used to have a blog entry on blogs.sun.com explaining the difference in low power factor between phase shift (capacitor/inductor), phase control (light dimmer), and switched mode PSU.

Sadly, Oracle killed the blog when they acquired Sun as it wasn't 100% business related, but I still have an early non-blog version of the article at:

In order to see and use the demos, you will need java enabled in your browser.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

IIRC we pinched a couple of still from those for the wiki ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Nice work!

Reply to