Power cuts

OK. In that case it is as I suspected a "direct" line back to the exchange since no such detail occurs on my number or any nearby.

This is a little odd since I know there is a junction box (smaller than a true cabinet) which used to be in a hedge and is now buried. One year a hedge flailer destroyed it producing multicoloured spaghetti and Redcare alerts on all the monitored circuits in the neighbourhood.

Not surprisingly none of the Redcare premises responded to the call to check if they were OK and a major police alert ensued. It took BT more than a fortnight to reconnect the village correctly afterwards.

For me it just says the exchange name with no other details.

Reply to
Martin Brown

In my case it says I'm connected by cabinet 1. I know there are at least 4 cabinets between me and the exchange and a number further on, so why No 1?

Reply to
charles

I believe ours are, too.

Reply to
Huge

Ahh, OK. Ignore my posting to John Rumm, mine says "Cabinet 3", so I assume we do have a cabinet. Perhaps. Maybe. As if I knew what that meant.

Reply to
Huge

Well that one says Exchange "CANEWDON is served by Cabinet 1" which is the first time I have seen one refer to a cabinet...

Still if the cabinet is actually in Canewdon, then its further away than the exchange itself!

Reply to
John Rumm

I had to hang around all day for a BT (actually Quinn working on behalf of BT) bod to install a new line, turns out this *is* an EO line, it doesn't show up on the checker yet, but I'll see what it actually says, when it becomes "visible" within 24 hours ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well it doesn't tell me anything about "EO" or cabinet, just says "nnn on Exchange XXXX". It's also wildly out with the speed "ADSLmax Downstream Range(Mbps) 1 to 2.5 Mbps" current sync rate is a nice stable 6208 kbps, it has been over 7000 kbps but it struggles at that. Useable throughput is about 5 Mbps. Which is actually pretty good for a 3 km+ bit of ali.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The line I referred to being installed last week, and which the (working on behalf of) OpenReach chappie told me was EO, still isn't visible on the checker, so I can't say if it would actually say "EO" or just not mention a cabinet number to imply EO.

Reply to
Andy Burns