Pound Shop Bargains

Or .net.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Proper nouns are.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's not /our/ fault you're neurotypical.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mmmmm.... although I wouldn't describe Cannes as 10% better than Nice

- both are fairly crappy IMO.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's called marketing affectation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Can't find that in the Oxford or Cambridge?

You must be using the 'Dictionary.com', anyone tell you thats American. :-P

Reply to
ben

And Barclay's I-Bank

If I type in my name with a capital letter it refuses it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I fecking hate most "e-commerce" web sites. Designed by strangly coiffeured black clad weirdos in odd spectacles, they require you fill in huge forms before crashing, or like one the other day, refuse to accept the form because "you must choose a county", even though you have. Or NatWest internet banking which under FireFox (at least they support other browsers) on Solaris incorrectly inserts a pound sign (it appears as a "#") in amount fields, then refuses to accept the amount because it contains an invalid character which *it* *itself* inserted.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Reply to
Huge

Try wikipedia

Anyone tell you that even Americans use apostrophes and question marks? :-PPP

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why would I wan't to use an American encyclopedia I'm in England? gawd they can't even get the word 'color'(colour), right.

Pendantic is the nearest thing to occupying small things in small minds.

Reply to
ben

[8 lines snipped]

Reply to
Huge

Are you talking about swinging from the ceiling?

(OK, I know *he* won't get it...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

It just tells me that they are staffed by illiterates and so probably would not gain my custom.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

ITYM affliction ?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Both are appropriate

Reply to
Andy Hall

I would agree that Cannes attracts a certain type. I do love old Nice though. I get there whenever I can sneak off for a few days. The flower market is also incredible. I bought some raspberries there and they tasted like raspberries. :-)