Pound Shop Bargains

Grunff wrote;

>>>The quality of this stuff is rarely better than pound shop merchandise -

yet you don't get repeated posts about crap tools you can buy from pound shops.

Yes you do.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1, big one as well. :-)

Reply to
ben
"

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

got a dog ball thrower and ball plus another bag of 4 balls

£2 well spent
Reply to
mindwipe

Got a few rolls of self adhesive joint tape =A31 a roll. beats paying near five quid a roll from Wickes.

Reply to
nthng2snet

How far will it throw the dog?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Poor dog :-(

Reply to
Andy Hall

It doesn't throw the _whole_ dog.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Your dog must have some balls?

Reply to
ben

And the twopack LED keyring torches That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

Reply to
Mark

Ben

nthng

Mark That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

Errrrm. You don't have to tell people how much things are in a Pound Shop...............

:-)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Just its balls!!

Dave, having a flashback to a Jasper Carrot joke.

Reply to
dave stanton

In my local 'pound shop' everything's 99p.

I wonder what would happen to all the pound shops if we went Euro.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Mark" wrote in news:4xtNe.12056$wh6.7694@newsfe2- win.ntli.net:

TWO for a quid!!

I wuz robbed - I only got _one_!

mike

Reply to
mike ring

And you dont have to put other peoples names in the OP's post. :-) mine lower case by the way.

Reply to
ben

In Nice they are 1 Euro 80, in Cannes they are 2 Euro shops.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Names are nouns. Nouns are capitalised.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In German. Not so much in English.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Is this uk.d-i-y or uk.d-i-y.pedantics ?

Reply to
ben

ITYM names are proper nouns, and proper nouns are capitalised.

What about eBay and ntl: and other names that make a point of not having an upper-case first letter?

Reply to
Rob Morley