Potterton Suprima 60 fault

Hi all

Hope this is an appropriate group to ask this question.

I have a newish house (just under 4 years old) and the heating system is powered by a Potterton Suprima 60 wall mounted boiler.

All has been well until a few weeks ago we started getting problems with the boiler locking out intermittently for no apparent reason.

The pump continued to run, but there is a little red LED on the control panel which flashes.

On pressing the reset button, the boiler fires up, and away it goes again. It could then be fine for several days, then the same thing happens.

I have been ringing around to find an engineer to take a look at it, but then by coincidence, we had a note put through our door from a neighbour, who was having exactly the same problem, and on consulting his neighbour, found he also had the same problem.

He called an engineer who said that this was a known fault with this boiler and that later models had been fitted with a modified electronic control unit to cure the problem. However, to fit the modified unit to his boiler would cost £250.00!!

Potterton deny that there is a problem with this boiler.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance

Paul

e-mail address is dummy - to reply mail to paul at lola dot ltd dot uk

Reply to
Paul

In article , Paul writes

Not yet another! Duff Suprima thread. Biggest heap of s**te around renowned for the duff piss poor quality of their control boards:((

Reply to
tony sayer

Ah... just spotted it - sorry folks!

Seems I am not alone......... :-(