Potterton Programmers

My central heating system currently uses a Potterton programmer EP2002 which seems to be playing up a little and I'm thinking of a replacement. Does anyone know if I can use the EP6002 as a direct replacement (possibly onto the original backplate)? Thanks

Reply to
Ntl

long as its standard backplate any proprietary make'll do. see

p+p at moment.

Reply to
Gel

Probably....but be warned that some programmers fit the backplate but have subtly different wiring. Do a Google search on the part numbers and you'll find some equivalence charts.

They usually recommend that you replace the backplate with the one that comes with the programmer, just in the interest of getting a reliable connection. In my case (last weekend) they were absolutely right....I had some very strange faults until I replaced the 16 year old backplate....!

(I replaced a Tempus 7 with a Honeywell ST6400C, and am very pleased with it).

Reply to
Bob Eager