Potterton Problem

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for help with a Potterton Suprim

50L

The problem is elelctrical, the boiler trips my mcb overnight and wil not let me reset it. I traced the fault to the boiler itself which ha a dead short between neutral and earth. I took the whole lot apart and found nothing obvious so I wired it al back up and it ran fine with no sign of a short or any other problem until this mornining when I woke up it had tripped the mcb again. The boiler is only about three or four years old so not exactly wor out.

I'm stumped so any help would be hugely appreciated especially if i aviods a £240 bill for a new pcb. Thanks Brian

-- bfinl

Reply to
bfinl

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for help with a Potterton Suprim

50L

The problem is elelctrical, the boiler trips my rcd over night and wil not let me reset it. I traced the fault to the boiler itself which ha a dead short between neutral and earth.

I took the whole lot apart and found nothing obvious so I wired it al back up and it ran fine with no sign of a short or any other problem until this mornining when I woke up it had tripped the rcd again. The boiler is only about three or four years old so not exactly wor out.

It has been suggetsed that I need a different rcd and this problem i also common with fridges? (Now More puzzled)

I'm stumped so any help would be hugely appreciated especially if i avoids a £240 bill for a new pcb. Thanks Brian

-- bfinl

Reply to
bfinl