potterton prima 30F

Hiya All

could do with a little help if anyone is knowledgable on circuit board in boilers, I have narrowed down a fault on a Potterton prima 30F boile to the PCB I think, I have attached a picture of the PCB (if the pictur upload worked) the arrow goes to an item that seems to be at fault. Th boiler gets itself ready to go the fan kicks in and then it just shut down however with a very very slight tap on the edge of the PCB it doe fire up but not before this little gizmo in purple has emitted a blu spark once or twice dependant on the number of times it takes to light my question is should this be doing this, sparking that is, or is i more likely a relay that has failed and my tapping the board is joltin it into action.

Thanks in advance Mar

itstoshort

The amount of forums and places i've seen people needing a new PCB for their Potterton boiler.

They should come with a free PCB.

Reply to
RedOnRed