Potterton Kingfisher MF boiler woes

Hi

I have a Potterton KIngfisther boiler.

Now, the issue is, I have a pilot light but it just wont fire up fully. I have just the clicking noise of it trying to fire.

Now, if I aim say a fan at the boiler, it does eventually kick in.

Any ideas?

Scott

Reply to
Scott

In message , Scott writes

Sounds very kinky

Are you sure you don't want one of the alt.binary groups for that ?

Forget the fan, its a red herring (or whatever)

If the pilot has lit, and it continues sparking, then you have a flame sensing problem

I can't remember offhand whether it senses the flame down the HT lead or if there is a dedicated flame sense electrode

If it does use the HT lead, make sure that it is intact and not broken at one of the connectors

else, check that the electrode is in the flame and that you have a good earth

failing that, it has to be the pcb

Reply to
geoff

We used to have a kingfisher and it did the most annoying click click as it attempted to light. It needed a new pcb board. It'd light eventually just take ages, of course apart from when the boiler man was here.

Reply to
Mogga

Thanks for the info.

As soon as a took off the top part of the boiler where the electrics were, I started to get the boiler to light. So I reset all the connectors and so far - its working.

So, you could be right - PCB issue.

Now, you can buy the pcbs off ther web for like £85. They look easy to fit, as no dealing with gas, pure plug and play. Any one replaced there own?

Scott

Reply to
Scott

In message , Scott writes