Potterton EP2001

had a power cut the other night... the unit now has 3 day settings for if (2 before) also the HW buttons apear to change the CH settings, the CH buttons don;t do anything...

anyone help ? ... i can;t make any hot water... :-( cheers, Dan.

Reply to
danjmoss

Details. I assume it's gas/oil central heating.

What sort of programmer is it? I suspect it's become confused, and gone into another mode, for CH only. Do you have the manual?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Dan

Have you solved your problem yet? I've found at least two other peopl with the same trouble, but I've not managed to identify a sloution.

Ec

-- Eck

Reply to
Eck

have you found the answer yet? i have the same problem

Reply to
Eshna

He's probably had kids, got divorced and sold the house in the meantime, so the chances of Danjmoss returning to usenet to make his second ever post over a decade later are quite slim ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

True enough! Those new fangled EP2001s, if my experience counts for anything, are crap compared to the EP2000s. Mine's still going strong after 33 years (and counting).

No problems with mains outages (switch offs) despite the original 3 cell plug in NiCad having failed over a decade ago other than the need to reprogramme the time of day.

In fact, the only reason I bought a modern NiMH replacement last year (a solder tagged battery on account it was half the cost of the plug in version and it takes less than 10 minutes to convert it to tagless) was on account I was going to tackle the mid position 2 way Honeywell zone valve issue of leaking heat into the first floor rads when set for HW only and I wanted to avoid having to endlessly reprogramme the time of day in between the many power downs I was envisaging.

The hardest part of the re-batterying job was in tracking down the method to unclip it off its backplate.

Reply to
Johnny B Good