Potterton Envoy 40 - Fault codes

Hello all,

I have a Potterton (probably now Baxi/Potterton) Envoy 40 condenser boiler which is acting up. It seems to switch between apparently working ok (albeit briefly) then flicking between code 8 and code 0 before cutting back in for a few minutes before starting the cycle again. For the life of me, I can't find any worthwhile information elsewhere on this boiler.

Can anyone please spare my sanity and give me a step for a hint on what fault code 8 is?

Much obliged:

Dougie Smith snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
Dougie Smith

In message , Dougie Smith writes

Are the faults not listed in the installation manual?

Reply to
geoff

Yes it is "Dry fire sensor > Sensor failed open or closed circuit > Replace sensor" The fault finding chart suggests "heat exchanger sensor fault: Check that both connectors are secure and in good contact with the sensor" The replacement thermistor is Potterton number: 404513, GC number 378868 available online for £10

> I can't find any worthwhile information elsewhere on this boiler.

Hmm, there is an obvious conclusion there about the whereabouts of the original.

Helpfully

has the documentation available to view You do need to agree to the viewer installation dialog.

Reply to
Toby

To add to what Toby says it is a dry fire sensor alert. If you remove the inner cover the dry fire sensor is facing you about half way down, just left of centre. It is meant to be bedded in heat sink paste. On my Envoy I would get this fault code showing up intermittently. Pushing it back may cure the fault.

If you (or anyone else reading) in interested in an Envoy 30 for spares please contact me. It was working when decommissioned a few weeks ago so the (seriously expensive) fan and CPU board are fine. I also have unused flue gaiter and igniter. £30 to cover the cost of latter requested, you collect from Twickenham (SW London)

Reply to
Tony Bryer