Potterton boiler pilot light problem

Hi,

please can you give me some advice on what to do about getting th pilot light on my potterton netaheat 16-22 MK II going again?

I checked the website

for help and got th instruction manual/fault tracking workflow off it. However am still no the wiser.

Any help urgently required as the cold house is really getting to m and my baby. thanks

-- Raees

Reply to
Raees

Why did it go out? Was there a fault? Has it been fixed?

Assuming there's no inherent fault . . .

I don't know this boiler, but there will almost certainly be a spring-loaded button which you have to hold in to over-ride the flame protection unit, and allow gas to flow to the pilot. Then there will be a smaller button which you have to press to generate a spark to light the pilot. Once the pilot is alight, you need to hold the first button in for another 30 seconds or so to allow time for the thermocouple to heat up. Then you can let go of the button, and the pilot should hopefully stay on.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Please describe the fault; the pilot is automatic on this model. Does the fan whirr when the hetaing is switched on?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I'll just cast my runes.....

tarquinlinbin