Any help gratefully received.
Cheers
Oh, forgot to add it's a Boilermate thermalstore system.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:34:54 +0000, Simon Hill wrote:

Perhaps the themrostat is on the blink? The thermostat on these boilers is fairly low tech; consisting of a liquid in a phial located in the heat exchanger connected to a capilliary tube connected to some gubbins; This is altered by the dial with numbers on the front. AFAIK the over heat stat is manually resetable so it is not over-heating.
Some questions: When the boiler goes out does the fan keep running? Does the fan keep stopping and starting? Does moving the thermostat stop or start the boiler when it is running/not running? How well is the pump running? How sre are you that water is actually circulating?
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

I thought that was the netaheat, does the profile work the same way ?

--
geoff

out? When I do the mains reset, I think I can hear the fan start before the igntion begins.

on now though! Although not all the time, I can't seem to get to it while it's making the clicking noises.

water from stone cold in about 15mins. I've had the pump out in the past and cleaned the scale out etc, all looks ok. Again what's the best way to check?

OK, I have some more info. When it's not on but demand is there, the fan is running. Moving the thermostat a little does not change anything but if I reduce the thermostat knob right down until it clicks off then back up again, the boiler does burst into life. Does this give you any more clues?
Cheers

What, check the pump ?
There should be a large chrome screw at the back of the pump which if you unscrew it, you should be able to see the shaft rotating
--
geoff

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:51:33 +0000, geoff wrote:

I will double check next time I'm at one of the flats I look after. I'm nigh on certain it's a manual reset job which cuts the power to the entire boiler if it ever trips - ecept possible for pump over-run.
Having read the OPs reply I'm tending to the idea that there maybe some sort of thermostat problem.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk