Potterton 80E what a load of *$%.

Don`t bother getting one they are s**te, investigated the cause of my low flow rates for ages and found nothing until I had a detailed read of the manual. 7.6lpm maximum hot water flow rate.

I feel well stupid now, but then again, I did get it before I started reading uk DIY. Its the only househould device I have which defeats itself. By the time the baths full, the bottom half is cold. Is it really designed to be this crap and is it otherwise a good boiler.

While i`m here, its making a right row when I turn the tap on, as if there is an airlock in the heat exchanger. The auto air vent is open and I made sure i filled it really slowly. Could my auto air vent be broken? Haven`t a clue whats wrong with it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can improve the thing, or is it the 9inch angle grinder to the heat exchanger yyyyyeeeaaaaahhhh new combi here i come. :-)

Reply to
John Woodhall

What you did gives combi's a bad name. The 80 is designed for small flats with a shower only. You can rip it out and get a higher flowrate model. Or if you have the space, install another higher flowrate model. Split the combi's to do upstairs and downstairs independently and split the hot water taps drawn off each. E.g., the 80 to supply the kitchen downstairs loo and utility room and the more powerful job to supply the bathroom. Using two will solve many problems and give backup if one is down.

Check the gas rating. A house can have 212 cu foot/hour max. You can go over on peaks. To get the cubic foot consumption of an appliance divide the Btus/hr by 1000. So your 80,000 consumes 80 cu foot/hr.

Reply to
IMM

How much do you have to spend?

Reply to
John

Depends on what your offering :-)

Reply to
John Woodhall

He only offers very poor advice.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

No he doesn't, he offers practical advice

something which you don't seem to have any experience of

Reply to
geoff

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Reply to