Potential damp in new workshop

I'm building a new workshop on the end of my garage. Because of the ground slope the workshop floor - concrete with membrane - is some 450 mm below the garage floor. There's some 300mm high of exposed and potentially damp brickwork below the 150mm garage concrete floor which also has a membrane.

What is recommended for sealing this brickwork. I suppose if I had been thinking I should have run the membrane for the new concrete floor up to the garage floor level, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead !!

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Ventilate slightly. Other wise you could get mould and rot down there. This means it will be cold. You therefore may wish to insulate your floor in some manner. Generally if you can keep the inside temp of the shed/workshop slightly above outside and slightly ventilated you shouldn't get too many condensation (on tools etc.) problems and withou resorting to an electrical/ mechanical dehumidifier. There are presumably standard ventilating and air pressure equalizing 'slits' between certain bricks?

Reply to
terry