Potable float falve

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe) contains these words:

Hmm. My experiences so far of ceramic heating elephants is that they come unstuck where the power cables join them. Frequently, too.

Reply to
Guy King

There is a solution for this - it's called.... a jug!

HTH, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Not convinced. Either it passes the bread through slowly enough to toast it properly, in which case the first bit through will be stone cold by the time it's done, or it passes the bread so quickly with a very hot element, in which case the bread will be only superficially toasted. Either way I don't see how it can make a proper slice of toast.

It looks very pretty and clever though.

Reply to
David Reid

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:26:24 +0000, David Reid mused:

Making the heating are longer would overcome that though, with a variable drive rate and progressively cooler element so that once the bread is toasted a cooler element keeps it warm while the tail end of the slice is being toasted and then ejected rapidly once the whole thing is toasted.

Reply to
Lurch

Lurch's best pigeon dodged hawks and farmers' guns to bring me the following:

A bit like one of these then?

David Reid

The problem is that the original toaster in elegant but impracticable while the industrial one is clearly OTT for domestic use.

Reply to
Nicknoxx

The message from Pete C contains these words:

Luddite.

Reply to
Guy King

SWMBO had a summer job in catering at an OU summer school. She had to operate a similar machine. The problem was you had to have a constant demand for toast, and the first batch through was always too underdone to use. If you put it back in it came out burnt.

Reply to
<me9

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:01:19 GMT, mused:

Run the toaster thingy for 10 minutes to warm the elements up before putting the first run through.

I have the same problem with my Dualit, but in reverse. The first 2 slices come out at 2.5 minutes spot on, I can never get subsequent timings quite right though!

Reply to
Lurch

It wouldn't start until the bread was inserted.

Reply to
<me9

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:49:57 GMT, mused:

Forget I said anything then.

Reply to
Lurch

They shout too much when you put them on the cooker.

Reply to
Cerumen

I think it was for a design competition, so you're probably right.

Hi, Huge, nice to see you enshedded, or are you doing it yourself?

Reply to
Sn!pe