Poster in bathroom

In my quite large bathroom, I want to put a poster (1 m x 0.5 m, a Monet painting actually) on the wall. Rather than get it framed and hang it, I'm planning to stick it on to the current surface of the wall, which has two coats of Dulux Kitchen & Bathroom emulsion on lining paper. Should I use a thickish wallpaper paste, or would the poster (heavyweight paper, smooth, non-absorbent) require another type of adhesive?

Reply to
Richard J.

Wallpaper paste should be fine, but try giving the poster a coat of clear yacht varnish after you've stuck it up, to stop is rotting and pealing off because of the steamy atmosphere.

Reply to
BigWallop

Andy Dingley wrote: >

Wouldn't moisture eventually get behind the glass and leave an annoying mist on the inside of the glass?

Laminating would probably be the best solution.

just a thought...

RM

Reply to
Reestit Mutton

Quicker and easier would be to get it laminated commercially.

Of go to Ikea and buy a frame. I buy their big frames just for the glass - cheaper than I can buy it elsewhere.

Andy Dingley

Wallpaper paste will do it, but you might find the thing wrinkles. Why not frame it? I should have thought it would look much nicer.

be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!

Reply to
jerrybuilt

I'd have it professionally laminated, choosing a laminate with an adhesive back if possible. I use that technique for notices in my factories. The laminator I have that gives adhesive backing only goes up to A4, but I would be surprised if the professional poster suppliers can't do bigger. They can certainly go up to at least A0 with non-adhesive ones.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar