Post-it glue sticks

A few years ago (last century maybe) I could buy glue sticks from W H Smith which applied the magic stuff that's on 3M Post-it Notes. It was hugely useful as I could turn anything into a Post-it (either the page or the object).

I haven't seen these for a long time, and wonder if they still exist or, better still, can be bought anywhere.

All help is welcome.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dixon

Yup, as far as I know. Got a 'Pritt Stick' in my bits and pieces drawer right now. I would have though any good stationer will carry similar.

Reply to
wanderer

Do you mean a Pritt Stick? Still very widely available. You couldn't possibly miss them.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Pritt is a permanent adhesive. I assume the OP wants a repositionable one?

Reply to
sPoNiX

In article , sPoNiX writes

You're kidding, Pritt Stick is about the least permanent adhesive I have come across.

On the other hand, once it has dried you can't use it to stick again, unlike a post-it which remains sticky.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Sadly no. My local stationers investigated this very thing for me a couple of months ago. Apparently 3M have stopped making them :o(

Graham Anstey

Pritt Sticks are still available from Viking Direct see:

if that is a bit long to copy, just go to
search for glue stick

They also do some jumbo and own brand ones.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Adam

But are unfortunately not the same stuff.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's about as definitive an answer as I could have expected: thanks Graham. I shall try my friends in the US. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dixon

I've not seen sticks of glue, but you can get spray cans of 'repositionable adhesive'. It's used by graphic designers (amongst others) for page make up - sticking down magazine columns, pictures, artwork etc and allowing you to move things around again. Try an art supplies or graphic design supplies shop.

Regards,

Sid

Reply to
S. Endon-Lee

I used some 3M spray-on stuff which came from Staples. Works great for sticking small bits of wallpaper to the wall, to see what they (might) look like. As long as you don't use too much, it pulls-off cleanly (so She who must be obeyed can try another, and another, and another, and then end-up settling for the first bloody one!).

Reply to
Martin

tokyo has 100 yen shops where everything costs 60pence. they have glue sticks permanent and 'peelable'. in ordinary stationers they do double sided peelable tape which is really good stuff (but costs more). japanese like to practice their english, so try a jap newsgroup and someone might send you some. offer to pay in goods, ie english biscuits, to avoid the currency hassle for such a small sum.

Reply to
john west +++

the OP is after 'repositional' glue.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Maybe you have a duff one? Stick two bits of paper, leave to dry for half an hour and try removing them...certainly NOT like a post-it note!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

I'm fairly sure it's called "Spray Fix" and if I remember it was over £5 a tin

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Thanks Sid.

I've been there, but it's a heck of a price, and not really what you want for sticking your return bus ticket to the side of your PC monitor :)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dixon

FWIW it seems that it's still available in the US. Look here:

only £1 a stick some people on the list may want to help me to import a case of the stuff. Let me know off-group if so.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dixon

If they're only practicing, you might not get quite what you ask for!

Now there's a good idea.

Reply to
MBQ

very good commentary; thank you so much

Reply to
john west +++

Googled for "repositionable adhesive glue stick"

Pritt do something called "Pritt Glue-It Roller Adhesive Dispenser with Refill Cartridge Re-stickable Ref 485520 - 560281"

and describe it thus:

New compact refillable roller system which fits neatly in the hand, with built-in retractable nib protector Available with permanent or restickable cartridge Improved action for precision glueing Pack Dimensions (mm):

52x28x93 Pack Weight (Kg): 0.035

Here's a link:

Chas