Possy OT: Best Oven Cleaner

Probably a bit expensive compared with a bottle of ammonia, but the 'clear' windolene window cleaner works well for this.

Reply to
Adrian C

Ah. I've got some clear window cleaner so shall look to see if it contains ammonia.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble saying something like:

On no account should you ever take a nostril full of it just out of curiosity. I did that once with the tame stuff - fucrk. I was young and quite stupid and dead lucky. I believe the same trick with the conc gear might have been much more serious.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

After that accidental whiff I was going around the oven with a wet hanky over my mouth/nose and a disposable mask on top.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Yep - PyroKlean - seems to heat up to 500C

really does exaclty as the video on that site shows, jsut a load of ash at the end of the cycle. It does, however, miss the part right at the very front of the oven, but there is only usualy very minimal cleaning required here anyway.

On, and if it is really bad, then you do need to open a window or put the extractor on, as it does generate some smoke (understandably)

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

Some chemists seem to think everything is a controlled substance these days, you can buy it from boots in store and online.

Peter King