Possibly punctured freon tubing in fridge.. how to be sure??

I was defrosting a fridge today and yanked a huge piece of ice out - I heard a sound which could have been hissing, but I'm not sure. There is no obvious puncture, no obvious bad odour.

What I'm wonddering is, if it's punctured, would the fridge be completely dead, or might it partially work? I've plugged it back in and it seems to be cooling.

-- S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Reply to
Socket

If you have a puncture, you wouldn't get any cooling. In addition, you'd have heard a lot of gas escaping, hissing for quite a while.

Reply to
Grunff

And it might even start making a hell of a noise to.

Reply to
BigWallop