Possibly OT: CFL with built-in IR/motion detector?

Hopefully not too OT but I figured if such a beast exists someone in here will know...

Basically I'm wondering if you can get a CFL (or any bulb but I figured this would be more common) with a built-in motion detection, kind of along similar lines to the following 'dusk to dawn' lamp:

a device that fits between a bulb and existing fitting like the following random timer from Argos would suffice:

appreciate there are numerous remote devices available, and indeed ones designed to replace the lightswitch, however I'd much prefer it to go in the fitting itself if possible (this particular shade shouldn't cause an obstruction).

Any suggestions?

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

sensor lamp -- takes a while to come up to full brightness, and doesn't last very long if frequently switched on/off.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In our local leisure centre (after a £5million bodg^H^H^H^Hrefurbishment) all the rooms seem to have CFLs controlled by movement detectors.

Reply to
<me9

I just thought it would more likely be a CFL given they already have large bases with electronic gubins in hence I thought someone might have made one with IR detection in (like the light sensor one linked above, which I've not seen in a standard filament bulb format).

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

On 15 Feb 2007 13:11:36 -0800 someone who may be "Mathew Newton" wrote this:-

Difficult to aim in the right direction. I have never seen one.

Use an external sensor connected to the fitting.

Reply to
David Hansen

So you'd recommend the normal bog-std light bulb? What happens when they're banned?

applies to Oz but bound to lapped up by teams of local council officials kicking doors in to check what's lighting the home.

(I assume the environmental costs of rapidly-failing CFLs would be worse than the worst incandescent light left on..)

Reply to
Colum Mylod