Possibly another problem with this Combi 80 boiler...

There another quirk with this Brittony 80 boiler that is I've recently noticed: This time, it's the central heating operation. I have TRVs on my rads and control the boiler with a programmable timer/thermostat.

If I want to get the boier to fire up, all I should need to do is check that one of the TRVs is wide open and then check that the programmable stat/timer has its 'sun' sympol showing on the LCD display. Correct?

However, that is not the case. It seems I sometimes have to wait a long time - even an hour or two, before the boiler decides to fire up and pump water around the cirquit. At least that's what has heppenned when I've tried it during the daytime, when the outside air temp is quite comfortable (20 degrees or so).

I'm wondering if the boiler has a thermostat of its own somewhere inside, that won't let it fire up unless the air temperature drops below 21 degrees or something.

Any suggestions? Thank you again,

Jim D

Reply to
JimD

PS - and then, quite often, it immediately switches off again a few seconds after it started burning and pumping.

I should add though, that the CH system *is* keeping the house warm when the waether gets cold.

Jim D

Reply to
JimD