Possible Triton shower low pressure fix

We have a Triton T100xr shower that has been giving us problems with the lo w pressure light coming on and it suddenly running cold. I believe replacin g the solenoid valve is one solution, but before doing that I thought I wou ld carry out the recommended checks. Water pressure for us is not a problem so I looked at the inlet filter, this proved to be absolutely clean and th ere was no other detritus in the housing. What I did notice was that the fi lter was detached from the housing cover and had to be poked out the housin g itself. On reassembly I relocated the filter in the covering cap before s crewing it back in. Since then we have had no further low pressure problems for several weeks compared to several a week before the check.

This to me seems too coincidental so I was wondering if anybody with more e xpertise on the subject thinks that the filter loose in its housing could c ause pressure fluctuations enough to trip out the shower or is it just a fl ukey no cost fix on our shower?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Sounds like replacing the filter might be a good idea. There must be a reason it moved from its original position, and maybe it will again

Reply to
stuart noble