Positioning of earth rod. TT system

Our earth rod is in a flower bed in an area that is to be a new step to the front door. Retaining access to the clamp would not be practicable.

The only practicable place to put a replacement appears to be through a little used tarmac path down the side of the house. This is all on our property and the side gate is usually locked.

Is this allowed? Whilst it should not get knocked, is there any requirement beyond a plastic box to provide physical protection?

Any other ideas?

Reply to
Invisible Man

You could get something like this if you're concerned about mechanical protection:

Dave Osborne

You could always sit it flush with the surface... even the normal boxes probably would not mind being buried level in tarmac as long as you don't walk on it with pointy shoes:

that if its too close to the house you may hit the edge of the foundations when trying to drive the rod.

John Rumm

As long as it can be accessed for examination as required I assume?

Reply to
Invisible Man

yup... you can unscrew the lid for that even if the lid top is flush with the path.

Reply to
John Rumm