Positioning of bathroom fan isolator switch

Where can (or should) one place a bathroom fan isolator switch? Can it be outside the bathroom where the fan is?
This is for a bathroom in a flat where the ceiling has no access from above. I don't want to put the switch in the bathroom really, even if it was allowed (I suspect I could get it into an allowable zone).
I could put it in the adjacent hot-cupboard or at the back of an adjacent fitted wardrobe, would either of these be OK?

Usual practice seems to be to place it outside the bathroom door somewhere.
snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

It should be outside the bathroom. Note if your fan is the timer type, then it has a permanent live and a switched live. Both these must be switched by the isolating switch. A fused 2 pole outlet with switch is suitable.

I have a proper 'fan switch' which is three pole so can isolate the fan. It sounds like either the wardrobe or the hot-cubboard would seem to be a reasonable place.