positioning a gas hob

I need to position a gas hob fairly close to a double oven located in a tower housing(if that's the correct description?)

So the question is, what's the minimum lateral clearance demanded by the Corgi regs between the hob and the side of the owen housing. And does this minimum specify the distance to the hob unit (which are the controls), or to the first burner?

I would have looked this up myself, except that I couldn't find the full regs anywhere on the web. Are they secret? Or perhaps no-one has thought of posting them?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Reply to
Chris

Why not take the lead from the gay boys on the million pound property experiment, put it on an island where the kids can reach all sides, or under a window where the wind can blow it out.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Wotchoo on about?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If it's new hob you have bought, the instructions usually include all necessary dimensions, Mine did anyway. If you didn't buy new, I'll have a root around to see if I can find mine and post them back. Regards. Mike.

Reply to
Mike James

Mine is about 9" away from the oven housing. Didn't read any instructions

- it just looked right there. And after quite a few years, no sign of a problem. It's a gas hob.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Adrian Chirgwin

1) What ever the manufacturers state. (Note this will be the minimum clearance to a combustible surface - i.e. oven housing). 2) Failing (1). 50mm from the edge of the hob unit in every direction for a height of at least 760mm above the pan supports.

The gas regs are online see the gas fitting FAQ.

Are they secret? Not quite. Or perhaps no-one has

The problem is that the devil is in the details and the details are the various BS normative docs. published by the BSI who want money for them.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks Mike

The hob is old, hence no instructions.

In the end I contacted my tame Corgi plumber, who confirmed what Ed Sirett posted elsewhere in this thread. That is to say, 50mm lateral separation, 760 vertical.

Kind regards,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Which is bloody annoying considering that the commitees that write the standards generally consist of people from industry working at their company's expense, not the BSI's!

Steve W

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, they sell them - for very serious money - on specially watermarked paper so that any photocopies are identifiable as such. If you become a BSI member you can buy them for half price but they're still not cheap.

Kudos to HMG for deciding a few years back that they were not in the business of making money selling publications and making all Acts of Parliament, Circulars, Building Regs etc etc foc to download.

Reply to
Tony Bryer