Position for an automatic bypass valve.

I have a vented oil fired heating system fitted with Grundfos dual headed c irculating pumps and Grundfos pump plan wiring centre. There are no motori zed valves in the system. I have just fitted TRV's to all the radiators an d am going to fit an ABV between the CH flow and CH return. Does this have to be put immediately after the pump or can it be put in farther from the pump? It would be much easier for me to fit it between the flow and return pipes feeding the rad in our spare bedroom .

Reply to
Big JR

I don't think there are any rules as such. Should function anywhere in the circuit. Just be aware if you zone the system at a later date, you might need to add others.

Reply to
Bob Minchin