Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?

Nope, the metal isnt strong enough.

They don't have the same very small bits that a pozidriv screw head has.

Reply to
jack

In message , jack writes

You can get solid brass pozidrive screws

Reply to
Chris French

Show me where. I looked on Ebay and they weren't there.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Feeding "Brass pozi drive screws solid" to google gave me lots of hits. For example:

Martin Bonner

9,11,13, 16 and 18mm spanner sizes are all fairly uncommon on cars.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

First random ebay link:

Reply to
Chris French

B&Q!

Reply to
dennis

Ah, I typed pz2 which usually gives me the screws I want.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

You said "solid" - are most "brass" screws not solid brass?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:48:15 -0000, dennis@home wro= te:

I avoid that place, they tend to sell packs of 20 screws for the price o= f 100. They wanted =A3100 for a =A350 pond pump aswell.

-- =

When you want a man to play with you, wear a full-length black nightgown= with buttons all over it. Sure it's uncomfortable, but it makes you look just like his remote cont= rol.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Even the bloody wheel nuts weren't standard on my Peugeot. I thought all cars used 17mm?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

No, as evidenced by spiders with all sides of sockets at each end.

These don't cost a lot:

Mine are 19mm.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Most are 19mm.

Reply to
Adrian

Mine have all been too. The Peugeot will be 19mm as well. Usefully it's also 3/4".

Reply to
Clive George

I'll assume that 13 is a typo :-)

Reply to
Clive George

I guess that depends on the manufacturer. Many bolts on cars I have had have been 13mm. Strangely the Japanese etc seem to prefer 12mm ans their de facto size!

Reply to
Fredxxx

13mm is standard M8, so it's likely to be quite common.
Reply to
Clive George

My recollection of the standard being 17 may be incorrect. But every one of the approx 10-15 cars I've ever had (except that Peugeot) used the same wheelnuts (I know because that's the bit I always wear out / lose / replace in my socket set). When I mentioned this to a colleague, he said he'd had the same problem (and I'm sure his was also a Peugeot), and he handed me a spider he didn't use anymore (although it only had 4 legs not your 6).

Anyway, since having a Golf where the wheelnuts continually tightened themselves while driving, I now have a very long extendable knuckle breaker bar and a 17 (or whatever it is) bit from my socket set to undo nuts. It required me to jump up and down on the bar to loosen a nut, even though I didn't use much force at all to previously tighten it. This was the complete opposite to my Espace which continually loosened the nuts. No matter how tight I made them, one of the wheels would begin to wobble after a month if I didn't continually check them.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

When you say 13mm, are you talking bolt or spanner size? A 13mm thread is actually rather large for most things on a car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Spanner, same as the rest of the thread.

Reply to
Clive George