Portland cement

how long does it keep after opening the bag?

TIA

Reply to
George

That entirely depends on local hunmidity.

I had a bag I got this summer for some odd jobs. Left outside in the old landrover.

The outside and top had caked, but inside it was still powdery. It set Ok when I had to put in two half bricks to tidy up some decorative brickwork.

If you seal it against moisture,. it lasts forever. If it gets rained on, its a solid lump the next day ;-)

If its still powdery, its OK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hah! yes sorry forgot to mention the bag has been kept inside with a relatively good warmish condition.

Just checked, it has gone a bit hard on top.

Reply to
George

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@proxy01.news.clara.net...

From my experience if it's still powdery (like new cement) then it works fine. ..but I maybe wouldnt' use it on something critical if it's a mix of powder and clumps.

Reply to
adder1969

But powder and clumps is fine for rough concrete, especially if you have a mixer and mill it a bit with dry aggregate

Reply to
newshound

Always a bit less than the time to your next job.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar