Portable Appliance Testing?

agreed. 240v is usual for them. but again you don't get that from a DMM.

Reply to
charles

That's failure to fulfill your contract, not accidental damage.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

putting

good

230v nominal RMS. But the tolerance allows up to 253v RMS that's a peak of 357v. I'd say anything that can't tolerate 500v won't last through the first nearby thunderstorm.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, that excludes making good where it's included in the contract, it clearly states the specific issue.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I've no idea, that would seem like a quick route to not being covered & vastly increased premiums. But nobody other than you has ever suggested that making good would be covered, that would seem to be a normal contractural liability to a builder so hardly fits with something many people would expect to be covered.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , at 09:51:41 on Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Duncan Wood remarked:

It all depends what you mean by "making good". I'm having a builder knock down a kitchen wall next month. Maybe he'll accidentally crack some nearby wall tiles in the process. Is replacing those "making good" or "accidental damage"?

(A theoretical question, because we will later be removing said tiles, but perhaps we'd have wanted to keep them).

Reply to
Roland Perry

No idea, I doubt he'd claim anyway, but maybe you should ask him if you think such things are an issue. If he breaks your front window or drops the rubble on your car then it's easy, although he'd probably still pay himself.

Reply to
Duncan Wood