Porous Bath

Hi,

Just been inspecting the underside of my corner bath. It is glass-fibre. When filled with water small droplets appear at various points on the underside. These drip at a rate of about 1 drop every minute. This cannot be condensation as it is quite warm and the droplets seem to be quite localised (4 places). The only explanation I can think of is that the glassfibre is porous/permeable.

Can this be right? Does this happen to boats? Anyone else experienced this? Time for a new bath?

Colin

Reply to
Colin

That's not just porous, sound like a definite minute crack to me. They aren't actually fibreglass are they? I thought they were Perspex... with a fibre glass mesh on the back in a feeble attempt at reinforcement. Don't like them myself, they flex far too much and enamelled steel ones are reasonably priced nowadays.

Reply to
BillR