Porch

On the front of the house is a Brick built porch, with a tiled roof. I cant get into the roof space easily, as there is no hatch.

The only way I can see is to cut a small hatch or lift a few tiles.

I would like to Insulate the loft space,

Is it okay to Stick some Insulation onto the underside of the ceiling, thereby lowering the ceiling by a few inches, Or drill several small holes and point a can of expanding foam into the void.

Thanks

Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

Yes. If you've got room, stick as much thickness of celotex as you can (100mm would be nice) and then cover it in foil backed plasterboard. There's no need to use the full 100mm, really. Even 25mm of celotex/kingspan would make a real difference. Avoid other forms of insulation, which may be much cheaper, but are nowhere near as effective when attempting to get maximum insulation in a limited thickness.

The results of this "solution" is in the FAQ. ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Is that anything like Porsche Design?