poppies

Seems the Tower of London poppies are to be destroyed after all.....by handing them over to Yodel for delivery!

Reply to
stuart noble

In message , stuart noble writes

If it wasn't true, that could almost have been amusing.

At least they aren't using Hermes, The package said "fragile", so they threw it over a six foot high gate onto a concrete path!

Reply to
Bill

Hermes Driver came in recently,

Her: "package for Xxxxx Xxxxx."

Me: "There's noone of that name here."

Her: "Well it's got this address on it."

Me: "No it hasn't, this bit is Blackburn Road (this is printed on the door in 3 inch high letters), it becomes Duckworth St further along."

Her: "Will you take it anyway?"

Reply to
R D S

Meaning: "Bugger: I've already used up the 37 seconds they allotted me for this delivery!"

J.

Reply to
Another John

In message , Another John writes

There was an item about them on BBC Watchdog this evening, it wasn't very complementary.

Reply to
Bill

I know, I saw it as well. But I have to say that for as many parcels I sent with Hermes, I have not had any complaints at all. everyone has received the parcel within around the 2/3 day time, and none have been damaged.

I must be one of the few lucky ones. That makes a change as I'm normally one of the unlucky so and so's

Reply to
BobH

The symbolism have have been more powerful if they had left the poppies in place and let the winter frosts destroy them. It would have been all over by Christmas.

Reply to
alan_m