Pop Up Waste

The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Beats them going down and not coming up again. Gimme a proper basin plug any day.

Reply to
Scott M

Tried blocking up the hole with Plumber's Mait?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

For the price, its hardly worth titting about too much - if there is no obvious gunk stuck in the works, I would replace it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Maybe you should call in a local handyman - he would be bound to know what to do! :-)

Reply to
Bob Minchin

+1
Reply to
Richard

Have you had a look at the operating rod under the basin to make sure that nothing's interfering with it - or hanging on it?!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I was assuming this was one of the spring loaded jobbies rather than the one driven by rods etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

I had a similar problem with the one we inherited with the new house. It ha s a pull up handle attached to a rod, whatever held it up initially no long er worked so unscrewing the small knob at the top allowed me to secure a ru bber tap washer on the rod. Now all I do is pull the handle up and push the washer down to stop the handle dropping down until the weight of water on the pop up keeps it in place.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Correct!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Disgusting. The pair of you stealing unbelivers chance to take the piss.

Reply to
ARW