Pop-up type sink waste repair

On one of the sinks the lever that operates the pop-up waste plug has sheared off where it joins the trap. The stopper is closed so we can't empty the sink. Any ideas for a temporary repair so I can at least get the stopper out?

Reply to
Mark

Nevermind. I removed the trap and pushed the stopper out with a long screwdriver.

Reply to
Mark

Mark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Perhaps when replaced you need to ensure that the lever meets its own end point just before the mechanism reaches its own end point if you see what I mean.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I think so ;-)

I may replace it with a conventional plug though.

Reply to
Mark

I hate them. That would be my inclination too.

Reply to
newshound