"Pop off" Hinges

I bought a new Wimpey house a couple of years ago and all the doors were fitted with what I can only describe as "pop off" hinges. A plate was screwed onto the jamb and the other half of the hinge which was screwed onto the door had a piece sticking out which went into a groove under the plate and was held in place by a "springy bit".

When you needed to remove the door you just lifted sprung part with a screwdriver and pushed the door out.

Currently replacing all the doors in my new (much older) house and price permitting would like to fit similar.

Does anyone know where they can be bought? I've looked in the usual sheds and the likes of srewfix with no joy (or I'm blind).

Cheers

Anth

Reply to
Anthony Bowles

What about

Steve P

Reply to
Steve P

There are just such hinges in the place we currently have; it certainly makes decorating (doors are light-coloured full-length veneered, keeping gloss off them is a Win!), carpet-fitting, and similar stuff easy - though I slightly slacken off the screws on the door to make the door-removal bit simpler still.

However, neither a quick Google nor a browse through a coupla catalogues I have reveals a supplier. Of course, if one only knew what the Trade calls them, one could Google for them: but neither "two part" nor "quick fix" seem to be the magic word.

Lift-off hinges aren't hard to find (e.g. at

they also supply loose-pin butt hinges (so you pull the pin up-n-out to disconnect the two halves). Either of those might meet your "easy door removal" objective...

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba