Poor Ventilation

I have a 2nd floor flat (top floor), it has very poor ventilation and circulation of air. It doesn't help with double glassing. I've been advised to having some air bricks put in but the cost in quiet high also I would have to get approval from the free holder. I've advised to purchase as humidifier or dehumidifier I don't know the real difference.

In the winter time the windows and walls are sweating, even with open windows.

Parts of the ceiling and wall have started to develop mold, I'm going to start to re-paint this, is there anything I can do before applying the paint.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated on the mold.

Thanks

Reply to
Sim

Do you have a loft above you?

Reply to
IMM

Erm, a humidifier *humidifies* (puts water into the air), and a /de/humidifier /de/humidifies (removes water from the air). Neither will help with your ventilation problem, but a dehumidifier will reduce the condensation.

Yes, you really need to fix the ventilation and condensation issues.

Reply to
Grunff

Yes, I do have a loft

Reply to
Sim

Have extract fans up there and exhaust via the eves. Screwfix sell these quite cheaply complete with ducting.

Reply to
IMM