Poor Flow On Monobloc Tap

Hi all,
I have a monobloc type tap on our kitchen sink, the cold water tap seems to only open half a turn giving a poor, very slow flow. The hot water side is OK with a much greater turn.
Anyone any ideas?
Regards....Mike

Is it only a quarter turn system on the tap ? If your in a hard water area, then your tap could just need cleaned of limescale build up.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Hi BW,
The cold tap should be the same as the hot, a little over a full turn to completely open, can the brass fitting that screws into the tap body be cleaned or replaced?
Regards....Mike

area,
Agree with a previous poster about gunge in the tap inlet/head
Funnily enough, after this mornings attempt at getting the central heating working I fitted a new mixer tap in our kitchen. (got tired of the missus calling me in to turn the old tap off). Anyway after undoing all the compression joints and taking the old one off I couldn't beleive the crap in both the hot and cold tail pipes. The new mixer is a lot more powerful and splashback is already a major problem!
As always for me the replacement didn't go a s smoothly as first though. THe new tail pipes were 3inches short of the old compression joints. 3 inches is a nasty length! Either a couple of closely positioned compression joints (with an inline valve or use a bit of push-fit flexihose). Went for the flexi-hose, too close together, three sharp kinks and no water. Solution, cut the pipes back so a simple 90degs between the two 15mm pipes. Not easy to use pipe cutters on a pipe with a one inch clearance .... several hours later a ten minute job has been finished and at the moment no drips .....might have a new swimming pool in the morning! Looking back I should have used a couple of straight compression joints but I thought the other option was the easier of the two .... sigh.
Hi all,
Thanks for the help, unscrewed and it was scale inside that was causing the problem, cleaned and now back working OK.
Regards....Mike

That's good news. Especially when it saves a few quid.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com