Pond uv filter

the ballast/choke /starter on my uv filter has packed up. Does anyone know if I can buy a new one to avoid having to buy a complete unit.

Reply to
tpee

wibbled on Wednesday 07 July 2010 11:41

TLC/Maplin/RS/Farnell/CPC?

Nothing special about the fact it is a UV tube - find some ordinary fluorescent control gear that compatible with the tube wattage.

HTH

Reply to
Tim Watts

They are normally standard parts as used in visible light fluorescent fittings. Electrical suppliers should carry them.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

It doesn't know it's being used on UV ........... TLC will have one .. or B&Q

FYI ... TLC stocks a whole range of pond care kit

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The unit that I have does not have the little starter (cylindrical white thing with two pins) so I would like to buy one one that is the same. Can you tell me what it is called; TIA.

Reply to
tpee

wibbled on Thursday 08 July 2010 08:03

Not all units have a starter - they were an artifact of the older simple choke-ballast combined with a lamp that required a high strike voltage.

The electronic ones don't need a starter as the functionality is combined in.

Reply to
Tim Watts

thing with two pins)

electronic ballast