Polystyrene coving

I've looked in the FAQs but can't find an answer so here goes:

What's the best (easiest) way of removing old polystyrene coving?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

Sprayer-full of acetone?

Flamethrower?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Thanks Ian, but we need to keep the ceiling :o)

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

Don't know. But a match is the quickest :-)

Reply to
Mike

A large flat ended paint scraper honed to a chisel edge run carefully into the glued joint. Will wander off into the coving, but will loosen and remove most, then remaining mess can be scraped off with the same tool.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
timycelyn

And you're going to stand where ? :-)

Reply to
Mike

Wouldn't it be nice if people didn't persist in trivialising a genuine cry for help - must be very frustrating for the original poster to have to sit through the attempts at humour while he waits for a usable reply

Reply to
Homer2911

good grief if the op can't work out how to get poly coving off then I reckon he might need breathing reminders too.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"mrcheerful" - my vote for "most unappropriate username, 2005"

Reply to
Andy

Bread knife. Then sand. Up yours as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Haven't a clue - the coving is easy, it just depends how generously they gooped it into place.

Arm yourself with a fistful of assorted sharp scrapers and go to it. If you're coving on top of the ruins with plaster coving, then you might not need to be particularly neat.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks for the replies chaps, both the humourous ones as well as the genuine ones :o)

Regarding mrcheerful's reply, I can assure you I'm good at the breathing thing and even I could work out that a scraper or knife of some sort would be needed. I only asked because, as we all know, polystyrene can crack and break into a gazillion bits that get all over the place and I just wondered if anyone had got a better way.

Once again, thanks to all.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

Flamethrower's quicker.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On 4 Feb 2005 15:25:30 -0800, "Homer2911" strung together this:

FFS, hows about you stop whining like a 2 year old and put your dummy back in. Ever heard of humour, sarcasm, no?

Reply to
Lurch