Polycarbonate Roofing

I've just realised that what I thought was a piece of rag hanging down from the conservatory roof is, in actual fact, the piece of 'plastic?' which seals the end of the polycarbonate roof sheet. It must have come away when the edge of the roof was weighted down with snow and icicles.

Is it possible to fix this? And if so, is there something special to buy? Does it require any special method to fix?

Cheers

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

On my poorly constructed conservatory, the white plastic "sheet closures" on the end of the polycarbonate sheets are just held in place by a self-tapping screw at each end into the glazing bars, and *lots* of silicone sealant between the sheet closure and the polycarbonate.

This page might give an idea of how it fits together:

can probably fix it with silicone, self-tapping screws and maybe some breather tape (stocked by B&Q and others).

Reply to
MrFerrous

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Thanks Colin & Mr Ferrous. I will set about getting it fixed next week.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth