Polycarbonate and water vapour

I was planning to use polycarbonate roofing sheets in a DIY solar pool heating project. Someone told me that water vapour attacks polycarbonate. Is this true?

Seems a little far fetched considering that they are used on roofs in a rainy country like the UK...

Regards

Nick

(NB: don't use the email address)

Reply to
NickW

No, it's not true. However, it is relatively UV sensitive, so don't expect it to last for ever. We have a polycarb roofed conservatory, and I'm reckoning on ~20 years life (triple wall polycarb sheets).

Reply to
Grunff