Poly-v belts

Can anyone recommend a supplier of poly-v belts? I need a shorter one for my (just acquired) Westfield, since it runs out of adjustment on the alternator (or rather, the alternator fouls the carbs) if I move it sufficiently to get the belt tight.

There are plenty in Google, but at least one of them (solent tools) has "Out of Stock" for every belt I have selected, so I'd prefer one by personal recommendation.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge writes

Local bearing supplier? Take your current one and match?

Whatever Bearing Service morphed into used to do this but their nearest outlet from here is Stevenage.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

oddly enough, alao garen machinery places too.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yellow Pages - Gears and Transmission parts, Bearing Stockists overlap.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Now that's a damn good idea. I was going to measure the old one and try and buy another on-line.

Reply to
Huge

I will second that. My local one can order any belt from a knackered sample.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Spoke to "Bedford Bearings" who said "bring it in and we'll see what we have."

Reply to
Huge