Polishing Travertine Tiles

Hello All

I had some travertine tiles laid (honed and filled) in the wetroom on the walls which used to be nice and smooth to the touch. The tiler since used some impregnator to seal them using a small roller and the tiles now have an abrasive feel to them which doesn't feel nice. Any ideas on how I get them back to smooth, could I just buff them with something? I have a feeling the roller wasn't very clean and it picked up a load of crap during the application or he over applied it.

Is there anything else I should be doing to these tiles to maintain them, should I seal say once a year or more often?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

1200 grade wet and dry? Or a mild abrasive cleaner, like Jif ( Cif? )?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Cheers Andy will give that a go.