Polished concrete

I was watching Property Ladder last night on one of the minor channels.

The kitchen of the property concerned had a polished concrete floor. The aggregate was clearly visible and was the finished look.

How was that achieved?

mark

Reply to
mark

diamond pads and patience (or a bigger machine).

Reply to
dennis

I didn't see it, so I've no idea just how polished it was, but we had a shed / packhouse floor done with a BFO machine that basically skimmed the top of the concrete until the floor was bloody smooth, and there's a slight sheen to it. I imagine they lay it carefully and use a mix that can be easily polished up after.

Reply to
Doki

Look up Terrazzo grinder/polishers for hire

Reply to
RW

How do you polish into the corners of rooms then?

Reply to
Rob Horton