Poking a cable up my pipe

I want to drill a hole in a plastic pipe running from my sink on an outside wall. I can then put my Draper bendy waste pipe sink cleaning cable down the pipe and clear some of the gunk out off it. I would like then to fit a very small inspection plug into the plastic pipe, this will allow me in the future to put my Draper wire cable down it again in the future.

Does anybody know where you can buy these inspection plugs in the UK.

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

Why not make yourself a "rodding point" by putting a T-piece or Y-piece in the pipe, with the branch blanked off by an access plug. Firms like Screwfix (if they're still in existence?) do access plugs in 32mm and 40mm.

Reply to
Set Square

Larger DIY stores and any plumber's merchants have these.

The typical way is to replace an elbow with a tee (or cut one into the pipe) and to fit an access plug into the remaining entry of the tee. These push or solvent weld in place.

Reply to
Andy Hall