pocket sprung mattress advice sought

We're looking to get a new pocket-sprung mattress & on grounds of cost I looked at ebay PSM's. Temping prices at about a third of the high st sellers like John Lewis. So either they have a large markup or there is a big quality difference. Any advice as to look for spec. wise I'd appreciate as some of these mattresses are ~£1k. (ps We don't want one of those adaptive foam ones.)

Reply to
dave

We bought one from a local shop for about £500 three or four years ago, It seems just as good as the previous one which cost double that a long time ago.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Might be worth looking at Ikea - sometimes they come out a bit lower in price. Watch the slightly non standard sizes though.

Reply to
John Rumm

We have been happy enough with Millbrook mattresses. Have bought several

- all on-line! They are delivered from the manufacturer so look for best deal.

Reply to
polygonum

So long as the matress is clean (I used a waterproof cover on mine from new), Ikea give a 90-day trial period then allow just the one exchange for another model - no repeat.

Reply to
PeterC

We paid about 800 quid for a hypnos mattress about 10 years ago. Seemed rather expensive but it is excellent. Better then every hotel mattress I have slept on (admittedly I've not stayed in a 5 star !) Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just bought a single pocket spring mattress for son No.2 The mattress for son No.1 was a John Lewis own brand in 2009 for about £300'ish. Effectively 1200 springs based on a kingsize dimensions.

The John Lewis range has now changed and seems to be more expensive. After a lot of research I bought a Gainsborough Plaza pocket sprung mattress that uses wool and other natural fibres. Currently £275 in Leekes although other distributors are available. Gainsborough are based in Devizes if that is of interest.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Rob