Pneumatic push button cistern?

Hi,
Anybody know where to get one of these new push button cisterns from?
I've seen plenty of the 'flapper valve' type, but the one I'm talking about here has the flush button connected to the syphon by a length of clear plastic pipe. Ideal for concealed cisterns.
Problem is, I can't recall where I've seen them.
Thanks
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com (Dave Farrell) wrote in

Dave,
The Multikwik (e.g. MFC1V) flush valve comes with a modest length 'remote' really only suited to use in place of a standard lever. However, another model with a *very* similar number has an extra long 'cable' - 800 mm IIRC - for just the purpose you require. And it is a pretty good device. I have no idea if the air pipes are any better or worse - or for that matter whether they support two flush volumes (as does the Multikwik) and might be relevant if you are metered.
Rod

Dave, I've got a Thomas Dudley Vantage (www.thomasdudley.co.uk/cisternSummary.asp?Product=Vantage) which is a complete concealed cistern and pneumatic push button operated flush valve (not syphon). I bought it from my local branch of PlumbCenter (www.plumbcenter.co.uk) for about 80 quid IIRC. The MultiKwik is cable operated (if that makes any difference).
-Antony

I too have recently fitted a Thomas Dudley concealed cistern.
I think mine was the "Phantom" and it included a pneumatically operated remote button valve.
I got mine from my local Jewsons, and fitted it inside a Shades fitted bathroom WC unit. It fitted just fine and the valve is a pleasure to use. Only one minor complaint - I really fancied a "dual flush" option but this didn't seem to be available.
Actually there was one further issue - the button is VERY big. This is probably because it incorporates the little air "pump". For some flat-fronted furniture, or for concealed fixing behind a tiled wall or something this wouldn't be an issue. However on the Shades units that SWMBO specified, the front panels have a routed "panel" design, and it was only just possible to accommodate the button on a flat area.
Regards,
Simon.
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:21:32 UTC, "Simon Stroud"

Anyone used those 'wave your hand near' ones you need in some public toilets?
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Ever been to Florida ? - they seem to like siting them close to your backside and they flush randomly if you take too long :-}
Scares the crap out of you the first time it happens, but at least you`re sat in the right place :-}

What about the continental squat types? (Like a shower tray, with two pedestals you stand on and a big hole where you make your deposit; for those who've never had the pleasure to encounter such a beast.)
In France many years ago I came across one of these which had an automatic flush (as on urinals). What's more when it flushed the water level came up above the pedestals.
You had to be quick .... ;-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:19:37 +0100, "John Stumbles"

The only one I came across was in Grenoble in France over 20 years ago. It was a shared loo, men and women (though not together thankfully).
Rather disgusting arrangement I felt.
The other type I wasn't too keen on was in California, modern office and very clean. But out there they like the water in the toilet bowl to fill up almost to the brim and cover the entire bowl, not like over here where you get just a small amount of water covering the bend.
Having a crap in one of these nearly-full loos is an interesting experience if you deliver floaters (depends what you've had the night before etc). There's something a bit disconcerting about your waste products bobbing about like submarines.
PoP

your flushing it away
--
geoff

................and in the States, privacy in the WCs is minimal. Short doors - or big gaps around them.
--

Regards

John

"geoff" < snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:31:26 +0100, "John"

Very true. In fact limbo dancers would look for somewhere else to practice their trade, it wouldn't be a challenge for them at all.
PoP

You see people looking through the gaps to see if their friends are in there.

Hardly "continental", I've never seen them in Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria etc.,
Much more hygienic though - no contact and washing your arse with water is much cleaner than scraping it with a bit of yesterdays Sun
--
geoff

You are supposed to scrape off the residue? Hell, I've learnt something else on this newsgroup ;)
PoP
Sorry folks, I meant the MFV1C - not that different but my fingers were twitching last night.
Rod